top of page

Subsistence Harvest Tools Grant

image0 (3).jpeg

What is it and how to apply

We are currently reviewing applications from the second round. Successful applicants will be notified by the end of March 2023.

Thanks, AITRC Staff

The Ahtna Intertribal Resource Commission Subsistence Harvest Tools Regrant will equip Tribal citizens with equipment and supplies needed to harvest meat, fish, or pelts for subsistence activities or to distribute within their community. Recipients are encouraged to share their knowledge and harvesting techniques with others to promote the continuation of traditional harvest practices. 


Ahtna Tribal Citizens who are 18 years or older are able to apply for one of three items a) supplies to build a fishwheel, b) a snow machine, or c) an ATV. Recipients will be granted up to $8000.00 to purchase supplies or equipment based on the category they apply for. Grant funds will be released in two payments: 80% prepayment and the remaining 20% after attending the educational/safety course and submitting a complete report with evidence of subsistence harvest, community sharing, and the teaching of traditional practices.

Applications can be submitted using the form below. If you would prefer a paper copy of the application you can print off the PDF form to the right or pick up an application at the AITRC office. Please send paper applications to or drop it off at the AITRC building. Applications can be submitted until December 31st, 2022. Personal information will be excluded from the applications when reviewed by the AITRC Board of Directors. Recipients will be divided between the 8 Federally recognized tribes and announced in early 2023.

bottom of page